Ransom Consulting, LLC. is seeking a Civil Engineer to join their Portland, Maine waterfront office as a project engineer. This is an opportunity to work in a small team environment, collaborating closely with experienced senior engineers and having a hands-on role with impactful and rewarding local projects.
The project responsibilities can vary to meet the experience level of the new team member, including permitting and design, assisting with the scope, schedule, and budget for a variety of projects such as land development & Brownfield redevelopment sites, water and stormwater infrastructure, transportation including multi-modal streetscape and urban infill design, and some coastal engineering.
Beyond joining a team that enjoys their work and working together, the position would appeal to someone looking for a variety of project tasks and a culture that supports the importance of living a healthy life both personally and professionally. There’s the potential to assist with project management and stay hands-on in project delivery.
- Site design, planning, grading and drainage, utility, and stormwater
- Working with local and state regulators for permitting needs
- Attend occasional town meetings for planning board review process
- Interacting with clients and contractors while representing the firm in a professional manner at project sites.
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Civil Engineering or similar
- Ideal years of experience is 2+ years of professional experience but can be flexible
- PE license preferred but not required
- Experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and HydroCAD