Our client Connecticut Water, a local water utility, is seeking an experienced Civil Engineer to oversee local projects focused on expanding water mains and water distribution systems, while also managing the rehabilitation and replacement of aging water infrastructure.
Leading projects from the initial kickoff through construction, this position offers the opportunity to manage and lead projects while working with internal team members, consulting partners, regulatory agencies, local municipalities, and the CT DOT.
Do you enjoy all aspects of project work including developing plans and specifications, design, bidding, scheduling, project management, and some construction oversight, and want to make a lasting impact and provide value to your local communities? If so, this could be the opportunity for you!
Some of the many great offerings that our client can provide include a comprehensive benefits package, a clear path for progression, and a level of autonomy built into the role. In this role, you won’t have to worry about aspects like business development, utilization rate, or a lack of project work.
- Prepare specifications and estimates, and oversees the development of plans, layouts, details, piping arrangements, and other necessary drawings for projects
- Reviews plans, requirements, and specifications, and coordinates the work for any projects contemplated by outside consultants, contractors, or developers
- Evaluates the status of work in progress, monitor the quality and progress of contractor work, and provide supervision with a monthly report on all assigned projects
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or other related disciplines
- Approximately 5 +/- years of experience with a broad knowledge of civil engineering principles
- Has a passion for water and is a professional that values honesty, trust, respect, communication, teamwork, personal accountability, and a positive attitude