The Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the operations of multiple utilities for a hi-tech business campus, which includes electricity, steam, and refrigeration generation and distribution services. The top priority of the role is to ensure the reliability of services and plant efficiency through effective leadership and operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Develop and implement plans to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of utility services.
- Communicating with other departments within the company and customers to ensure that the utility services meet standards.
- Supervising a team of operators and technicians.
- Developing and managing the facility’s budget.
- Managing projects related to new service delivery and upgrades.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Understanding of utility operations, including electricity, steam, and refrigeration, as well as the ability to operate and maintain utility equipment and infrastructure.
- The ability to communicate effectively with operators, technicians, regulatory agencies, and other departments within the company.
- Familiarity with safety procedures, and the ability to ensure a safe working environment.
- Experience with computer programs and systems such as SCADA systems and database management.
- Ability to work with a range of stakeholders and customers including regulators, local authorities and other organizations.
- Ability to plan and execute projects related to process improvement, expansion, and equipment upgrades.