A small Architecture firm that is growing with offices in Portland & Bangor is looking to hire an Architect or Architectural Designer. The firm started because the founder became tired of the corporate machine-like stressful environment found in many of the larger firms of Boston & New York. This new firm is being built with a culture based on collaboration, support, and learning. With a refreshing work environment focused on driving creativity, excitement, and growth with each project and client.
Projects will include commercial entertainment venues, and the role will focus heavily on design and the development of architectural design concepts. There is flexibility in the level of experience for the position and the responsibility or expectations will be custom matched to the new team member to ensure the right amount of challenge, learning, and growth.
What is important, is the passion for architecture, constant learning, and enjoyment of working within a small team.
- Design/drafting within Revit to meet project delivery lifecycle, typical milestones, and their level of detail
- Manage priorities and personal workload to meet deadline commitments
- Mentor junior staff or willing to take direction
- Get out in the field, and provide oversight of construction, as this is where the design efforts materialize
- Interact with clients and contractors, and represent the firm in a professional respectful manner at project sites
- Balance remote working and time in the field, with time in the office (collaborating side by side helps everyone grow)
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Architecture, Structural Engineering, Interior Design, or related field
- Preferred years of experience are 3+ years of professional experience but can be flexible
- Interest in becoming a licensed professional, if not one already
- Experienced and comfortable working with Revit