Doucet Survey, a progressive New England survey company, has recently opened a new office in Kennebunk, ME, and is looking for an experienced Survey Crew Chief to join their team and lead projects in Southern Maine. This is a great opportunity to work in a small team environment, closely collaborating with senior staff and playing a hands-on role in local projects that have a significant impact.
The main responsibility of this role is to lead survey field activities, with the support of a survey Instrument Operator. You will work closely with Matt, the Kennebunk office leader and Principal, to plan and execute projects, collect accurate field data, and maintain equipment. Doucet Survey’s clients include local municipalities, state DOTs, and private commercial and residential properties. The projects range from water and wastewater infrastructure to renewable energy and boundary surveys, providing a diverse range of tasks to keep the work interesting.
This position is ideal for someone looking for a balanced work-life culture and a variety of project tasks. Furthermore, the busy new office provides opportunities for professional and team growth.
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of daily fieldwork
- Attend daily pre & post survey meetings with Project Manager
- Interact with clients and contractors while professionally representing the firm at project sites
- work with Trimble equipment, Leica scanners, and other progressive technologies on projects throughout New England
- Oversight of Instrument Operator
- A college degree and F.S./S.I.T is preferred
- Approximately four years of experience as a Crew Chief working on high-detail engineering surveys, ALTA’s, and construction layout
- A valid driver’s license, good driving record, and the ability to pass a Department of Defense security screening are also required.