The Civil Engineer (Project Manager) with the City of Concord, NH has a significant impact in supporting the city’s capital improvement and development projects. From water, wastewater, and stormwater infrastructure to complete streets design, bridges, and culverts. To oversight of private land development projects and greenspace, recreational trails, and even the occasional stream restorations.
This project management position offers the opportunity to have your hands on a diverse range of projects supporting your continued growth and experience as a well-rounded civil engineer. The community of Concord, NH has a long history of supporting new community development trends and techniques such as traffic calming and multimodal best practices while ensuring a variety of greenspace trails and recreational opportunities and economic driving commercial space, new housing, and living spaces.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs technical reviews for proposed construction work on private development projects, including evaluation of streets, sewer, water, drainage, fences, sidewalks, curbing, gutters, and various other improvement projects to ensure compliance with city policies, standards, regulations, and ordinances.
- Coordinates activities between developers, contractors, utility companies, and city staff as they relate to managing and coordinating all phases of development projects; coordinates numerous public and private development projects simultaneously.
- Interprets construction plans and right-of-way plans for the public; explains how the project will affect individual property using plan, roadway and driveway profile, and cross-section.
- Review plans, specifications, and estimates for proposed public infrastructure improvements.
- Review construction estimates to ensure adequate financial security from private developers; follow up with developers to be sure financial guarantees are in place.
- Administers and coordinates necessary inspection and testing services for all categories of public and private engineering projects to ensure compliance with standards, proper construction methods, and regulations.
- Makes regular field visits to verify that construction is being completed per approved plans; attends construction meetings as required; discusses project progress with field inspectors assigned to the project.
- Receives, investigates, and answers complaints from the public about engineering-related problems.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor of Science Degree in civil engineering or similar engineering discipline.
- Experience level is flexible with a preferred target of 3 to 10 years of experience.
- General knowledge of civil engineering practices and principles for site development and design, utilities, and infrastructure including dams, traffic, and transportation facilities (including a general aviation airport)
- EIT (Engineer in Training) certificate required, PE (Professional Engineer) license or interest in obtaining preferred.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Annual Salary Range of approx. $70,000 to $100,000
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long and Short-Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account with Partial City Funding, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Annual Leave, 12 Paid Holidays, Sick Time, Retirement, optional 457 Retirement Plans and Wellness Program.