Beals Associates, Inc. has committed to increasing their breadth of expertise and enhancing their capabilities by adding a Director of Land Planning to their team. In their search for a new business leader, their goals are to incorporate an experienced land planning or urban planning professional who is looking for an opportunity that allows them to provide immediate value by supporting current projects while having the support and encouragement to develop their book of business. Ideally, this role will develop into one of the firm’s leadership positions.
As the Director of Land Planning, you will be responsible for leading and supporting Land Development projects of all sizes from initial concept through completion. You will work closely with a multidisciplinary team of engineers and designers. This position is ideal for someone who wants to be a business leader and control their career growth through cultivating new client relationships and maintaining current ones.
PAST PROJECT EXAMPLES
The New Balance and Boston Landing Development – Beals Associates, Inc. have played a key role since 2005. https://bostonlandingdevelopment.com/
The Groton Hill Music Center, Groton, MA – A 126,000 square foot facility including 35 studio classrooms, 2 performance halls, and multi-use space located on a 110-acre agriculture haven. https://grotonhill.org/about-us/facility/
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop complex land development master plans that meet the vision and needs of their clients.
- Be responsible for preparing and reviewing project approaches, scopes, and fees.
- Assist with the development of strategic initiatives for growth throughout New England and beyond.
- Advocate for their clients at planning board meetings and through community engagement.
- The role involves client advocacy, staff mentoring, and business development.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- BS or graduate degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Planning, or Urban Planning.
- With approximately 10 or more years of experience in Civil/Site Design or Planning, with an AICP registration or other relevant certification and licensure preferred.
- Experience navigating complex zoning and permitting requirements.
- Possess strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Adept at project management and oversight and the ability to mentor junior staff.
- Ability to be a trusted client advocate.