The Horsley Witten Group (HW) is seeking to hire a Senior Water Infrastructure Engineer to join their team and support a wide range of technical work related to wastewater collection and treatment and water supply planning, feasibility (including water distribution modeling), design, and management. Supportive of a hybrid work model (in office and work from home) this role can be based out of their offices in Providence, RI, Sandwich, MA, or Boston, MA.
Recognized for their environmentally sustainable planning, engineering, and scientific solutions. The HW team is passionate about creating sustainable design for a range of clients and improving communities and ecosystems.
The work environment at HW is collaborative and encourages employees to thrive by broadening their horizons and taking on new challenges. The position will work in a team-oriented practice that will blend planning, science, and engineering into projects on a regular basis.
- Provide technical leadership for wastewater and water supply, distribution, collection, and treatment projects; and interface directly with clients on all technical aspects of the projects.
- Attend, assist, and/or lead client, contractor, stakeholder, and regulatory agency meetings.
- Technically mentor junior engineering staff, and manage staff time in an environment where an individual staff member will be working for multiple Project Managers at the same time.
- Support business development and pursuit activities through the writing of technical approaches, scopes of work, budgets, schedules, and presentations to clients.
- Oversight for engineering design from concept to construction phase, and permitting at all phases of project design.
- Massachusetts or Rhode Island PE license preferred.
- Previous engineering consulting experience with wastewater or water supply systems. For water supply, this will include source development, pumping stations, distribution and storage systems, water quality treatment, and modeling. For wastewater, this will include collection systems, WWTF treatment systems, and disposal systems.
- Minimum 8 years of experience preferred.
HW aspires to create an inclusive organization where each unique member of our community can contribute, learn, develop, and flourish. They recognize that elevating the voices of vulnerable and historically harmed communities is central to creating sustainable communities. Their DEI committee is made up of a cross section of employees and serves an important leadership role. They are committed to hiring talented, unique team members with diverse perspectives and experiences who can be their authentic selves at work; HW wants and encourages people across a multitude of backgrounds to apply.